Zowi is an open source smart robot. It is designed for kids to play while learning the basics about technology (design+code+electronics). I joined the BQ team to lead the design of the ecosystem of content around the robot. We had a tight schedule to conceptualize and build apps, visual identity, personality, webs, games, learning activities...
When I joined the project as an external consultant, the company had almost finished the design of the robot. I took the role of product designer for the ecosystem surrounding it. Over a period of five months my tasks were mainly:
- Work with UX + Android team to conceptualize the mobile app
- Work with different teams within the company to add more value to the toy: personality, sounds, games, customization, stories, learning projects
- Design the journey from the unboxing to the first steps, the learning path...
- User-testing the whole experience: packaging, setup, mobile app
- Create a shared vision about the product within the company
Zowi at BQ website